Stagemaking Community Discord Server

L'endroit des Stagemakers : Variants en tous genre, étapes, concours ! C'est ici que vous trouverez de quoi enrichir votre Pro Cycling Manager

Modérateur: Animateurs étapes

Stagemaking Community Discord Server

Messagepar slimon365 » 14 Fév 2022, 18:55

Hi everyone,

In this channel I'll be posting everything made by the stagemaking community, an international discord server where we talk about stagemaking and where we want to help people with making better stages.
If you want to join the stagemaking community, you can do that by clicking the following link:
https://discord.gg/QXEreGKeJr

We hope to see all of you in this amazing community!

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Stagemaking Community Discord Server: January newsletter

Messagepar slimon365 » 14 Fév 2022, 19:05

This year, the stagemaking community has started with making a monthly newsletter, where we talk about the stages that were made during the past month, special things that happened during the month and much more.

Here is the first monthly newsletter from January 2022:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0sm3dqe75f6vsmh/Monthly_Review.pdf/file
It's 8 pages long and contains some nice topics, all brought together thanks to adria.medina.

If you want to download the stages mentioned in the newsletter, here is a summary with links for every stage.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/933087682345726004/938044729977896980/Stages_January_2022.docx

We're also looking for some people that want to help with this, whether it's writing articles, making puzzles, reviews etc.
So if you want to help, feel free to send us a message

Greetings and until next months

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Re: Stagemaking Community Discord Server

Messagepar slimon365 » 19 Fév 2022, 18:05

Mario Kart Pack 1
A while ago we started making stages from mario kart tracks. Here is a first pack of 4 races from different mario kart games:
- SNES mario circuit 3 by benjong
- Wii luigi circuit by slimon
- Wii moo moo meadows by adria.medina
- Wii mario circuit by liamthechad

I've made the races to be a sort of criterium, around 100 km long and with two intermediate sprints. Those races can be great for multiplayer races where the winner can be the team with the most points for the points classification. If you don't really like that idea or you want to use the tracks for something else, I've also included the zcts file, so you can make it whatever you want! Big thanks to all the people who worked on this!
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1awaswq0jci3o4/Mario_Kart_pack_1.zip/file

Profiles:

Screens:

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Tilo » 19 Fév 2022, 18:12

excellent :ok:

Tilo
Directeur sportif

Messagepar ContadordeEstorias » 26 Fév 2022, 16:38

Mario Kart stages are brilliant.
I just read the newsletter. Very nice. Is benjong planning to share the stage generator used to make the profile ? Perrhaps it is already available ?
Does the stage generator works with roads which length is superior to the maximum allowed by the stage editor ? If I understood right benjong's Fleche Wallone surpass the 40000km² of PCM, so it should be compatible.

ContadordeEstorias
Gregario

Messagepar slimon365 » 26 Fév 2022, 18:28

ContadordeEstorias a écrit:Mario Kart stages are brilliant.
I just read the newsletter. Very nice. Is benjong planning to share the stage generator used to make the profile ? Perrhaps it is already available ?
Does the stage generator works with roads which length is superior to the maximum allowed by the stage editor ? If I understood right benjong's Fleche Wallone surpass the 40000km² of PCM, so it should be compatible.

First of all: thank you.
For the stage generator there is a bit of a misunderstanding in the newsletter. To create his stage, Benjong put road points every 500 meter, and then used the heights from la flamme rouge to manually change the height of every road point. He shared his zcts file with the road points each 500 meters apart and called it 'the stage generator'. So you can use that to make this kind of stages, but you'll still have to change the heights of every road point manually.

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar slimon365 » 01 Juin 2022, 13:00

Quick update

We couldn't find time to make more newsletters, so that project is on hold for a while.

We had an amazing spring contest for stagemaking, with 7 participants who gave their best making some NC/EC races! You can find the stage files here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oz1amj29sqnnv90/spring_contest.zip/file. There will be another stagemaking contest during the summer, everyone is welcome to participate, from beginner to experienced!

I have been keeping track of all the stages made in the past months. You can find these stages, with download link, in the following documents:
January
February
March
April
May

If I missed some stages, please let me know so I can add them in the documents.

That's all for me at the moment. I want to say a big thank you to everyone active in pcm stagemaking at the moment, wheter it's by making stages or commenting on them (that helps a lot for the motivation) :love: .

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Camenzind » 10 Juin 2022, 07:37

I love your job, having a word file every month is really great :banana

Camenzind
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar slimon365 » 28 Juil 2022, 13:55

World Championship Pack by the Stagemaking Community

A huge collaboration between the members of the stagemaking community gave us a pack with 40 historical variants of world championships, all working on pcm 2018 and later. Big thanks for everyone gathering these variants and a special thanks to all the creators of these variants: Stylus, Pessoptimist, Aquarius, Aussie, Benjong, Wane, Leon40, Søren Ravn MLG, S12 and Slimon

Variants list (2010 not in the pack):

Download

Enjoy!

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Loiloi29 » 28 Juil 2022, 14:35

Great Job ! :ok:

Loiloi29
Directeur sportif

Messagepar Norway » 28 Juil 2022, 14:39

Magnifique

Norway
Maillot jaune

Messagepar Nathan7945 » 29 Juil 2022, 07:31

Oh c’est excellent… :up

Nathan7945
Coureur pro

Messagepar OBYSK » 29 Juil 2022, 22:22

Beau travail l'ami Slimon, content que ces courses en circuit que je faisais en 30 minutes pour combler mon après-midi servent toujours :moqueur:

OBYSK
Débutant

Messagepar slimon365 » 01 Sep 2022, 14:47

OBYSK a écrit:Beau travail l'ami Slimon, content que ces courses en circuit que je faisais en 30 minutes pour combler mon après-midi servent toujours :moqueur:

Nathan7945 a écrit:Oh c’est excellent… :up

Norway a écrit:Magnifique

Loiloi29 a écrit:Great Job ! :ok:

Thanks everybody! It's thanks to this great community with everyone working together that we can make such big packs.

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar slimon365 » 01 Sep 2022, 14:51

Also here is an overview for the stages published in June-August. Especially June and July had a ton of stages published.

June
July
August

slimon365
Cyclo du dimanche

15 messages
Retourner vers Étapes