[PCM16] Etapes de trekbmc

La galerie des stagemakers

Modérateur: Animateurs étapes

Re: [PCM15] Etapes de trekbmc

Messagepar Trekbmc » 26 Mar 2016, 21:34

Algiers, World Championships ITT

Here's an ITT to go along with the Road Race. :) I've also added an extra lap of the circuit to the road race.

Download: Both of the races are downloadable at the same link: https://www.mediafire.com/?xa8b0ixrlv48t5p

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Trekbmc » 27 Mar 2016, 16:56

Have updated the Road Race route to be 269km long so that it is the proper length for a WC. :) Same download and the posts earlier have been updated with the new route.

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar grebiere » 27 Mar 2016, 22:50

Ok thanks a lot ;)

grebiere
Gregario

Messagepar Leon40 » 28 Mar 2016, 10:05

Thanks. It's better for a WC :ok:

Leon40
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Trekbmc » 30 Mar 2016, 15:31

Course du Lac d'Annecy

This race goes round the Lac d'Annecy three times, the first time it tackles both La Tournette and Semnoz, the second time just Semnoz and the final time round the lake it only tackles La Tournette before 20km of flat rounds into Annecy.

The route suits climbers who are good on the closing flat rounds, and generally it seems the final sprint is determined by who is least tired rather than the best sprinter. The relatively short length (10km) of the final climb means that occasionally strong puncheurs can survive the final climb despite being weak of average climbers (in one test of the stage Gerrans (66Mo) finished in the leading group and both Gilbert and Benoot have been near the front at the end).

Screenshots:

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?0mzy3l1znvyrhdq

Once again any feedback in appreciated. :)

Also it may be a little bit before I post a stage as I finish off a request. :)
Modifié en dernier par Trekbmc le 30 Mar 2016, 17:25, modifié 1 fois.

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar grebiere » 30 Mar 2016, 15:48

Nice idea, le lac d'Annecy est un endroit magnifique ! One of my favorite in France. It makes me think about a Race created by Johostile.

Be careful, some slopes seem to be too strong and irregular. You should have smoothed them ;)

Another point, our website pcmfrance.com is likely to be rebuilt with a new search tool for stages. As a consequence, we ask stagemakers to change a little their topic by adding a summary in their first post. Nothing complicated, we just want a little summary including a list with all your creations and link going to the description/Details of the race in your topic.
It would be nice if you could do that. It shouldn't take a lot of time and it will ease our website building process. You can take a look at Flo76 first post for exemple.
If you don't have time, I can edit your first post by myself if you agree.

Thx in advance

grebiere
Gregario

Messagepar Trekbmc » 30 Mar 2016, 15:52

Yeah, I got the same tip about smoothing on the other site I post my stages immediately too. :P Will update it soon with better slopes.

And sure I'll edit the first post now. :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar grebiere » 30 Mar 2016, 15:55

Trekbmc a écrit:Yeah, I got the same tip about smoothing on the other site I post my stages immediately too. :P Will update it soon with better slopes.

And sure I'll edit the first post now. :)

Thank a lot ! :)

It's easier to smooth slopes with PCM15 as there is a new tool. Select two route point (green flags) and click ctrl+M, the slopes between these two points will automatically be smoothed ;)

grebiere
Gregario

Messagepar Trekbmc » 30 Mar 2016, 17:20

Updated the race with differing forests depending on altitude and smoothed road points. :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar clamel » 30 Mar 2016, 20:44

Looking good mate,
should be a nice fight on an interresting route.

Bet you like it Grebiere, not too far way from your home (isn't it??) Looks to be a very pleasant holiday lake to take a fishing trip on, or just enjoy the scenery. Perhaps one might have a view on Mont-Blanc from the lake ??

clamel
Chasseur de prime

Messagepar grebiere » 30 Mar 2016, 20:55

clamel a écrit:Looking good mate,
should be a nice fight on an interresting route.

Bet you like it Grebiere, not too far way from your home (isn't it??) Looks to be a very pleasant holiday lake to take a fishing trip on, or just enjoy the scenery. Perhaps one might have a view on Mont-Blanc from the lake ??

Actually it is two hours of car from my house.

It is a large lake, not the best to fish but the landscape all around is fantastic. Thus you can take boat and enjoy it, or better, parapliding (very famous for it).
And above all, the city of Annecy just on the lac is such a wonderful city with large old pietonnal city. For me one of the most beautiful cities in France !

grebiere
Gregario

Messagepar Trekbmc » 17 Mai 2016, 17:54

Well I'm back again :)

Christchurch Classic

This is a tough loop beginning and finishing in Christchurch, New Zealand, there are 6 major climbs throughout the stage, most of which are steep, plus a host of other challenging hills to drain the legs. It's also quite windy in that area, so cyclists will have to watch that too. The final 40km are a little smoother, but they still undulate and the final climb from Lyttelton is a tough 1.5km stretch maxing at over 13%, it's finally followed by 15km of flat roads as they wind their way back into Christchurch to decide the race.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?391py2ea4gl2gw9

Screenshots:

Creators note:
If you do decide to download or test out the stage, play it as a CT race, the WT teams decide the race on the last hill making the rest of the race not useful, but when I watched the AI on CT, there were echelons and attacks to the point where there were only 16 riders in contention (10 riders chasing 6), with 55km to go, the favourite still won, but it was much more interesting and exciting. :)

Once again any feedback is appreciated :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar grebiere » 17 Mai 2016, 18:06

Happy to ses you again.

I really like the profile because several strategies can lead to the victory. Really Nice.
It makes me think about a fantaisy track around christchurch made by leon for an exotic route contest :)
Could we have a few views of christchurch mister ? :mrgreen:

grebiere
Gregario

Messagepar Leon40 » 17 Mai 2016, 18:21

Nice ! :ok:
It's fun, I had a very similar course for a competition on PCM France.
Climbs are in volcanic hills named Port Hills. Landscape is beautyfull.

And, I hapy too you go back here :up

Leon40
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Trekbmc » 17 Mai 2016, 18:47

Thanks guys :) Didn't know about your route Leon, any chance you can send me a link to the route? Would be interested to check it out as it's quite a beautiful place from what I've seen. :)

Unfortunately I couldn't catch Christchurch as nearly as nicely as was deserved (I made a section out of IB houses this time but it didn't turn out too nice and the remaining of it was auto-generated which is never that nice).

Here are some pictures though:

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Leon40 » 17 Mai 2016, 19:06

Trekbmc a écrit:Didn't know about your route Leon, any chance you can send me a link to the route? Would be interested to check it out as it's quite a beautiful place from what I've seen. :)

Christchurch est la deuxième ville la plus peuplée de Nouvelle Zélande avec un peu moins de 400 000 habitants.
Elle est la capitale régionale de Canterbury dans l’Île du Sud.
En 2011, une série de séismes causa le deuil et de nombreux dégâts.
La cité ne put d’ailleurs organiser les matchs de la Coupe du Monde de Rugby prévus dans son stade.

Christchurch se situe, en effet, au pied d’un volcan éteint en partie immergé par le Pacifique.
Les collines volcaniques dans cette zone toujours séismique sont nommées les Port Hills.

C’est en partie à travers celles-ci que cette course a lieu.
Sur la route des sommets, la Summit Road, endommagée lors des séismes de 2011.
La Christchurch Memory Challenge est le prétexte à sa rénovation.

La Christchurch Memory Challenge est longue de 174 km.
Vallonnée, elle devrait offrir de nombreuses possibilités d’attaque aux baroudeurs et aux puncheurs.

Leon40
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Trekbmc » 17 Mai 2016, 19:12

Wow, that really is quite amazing as a place. :o

Will be sure to check out your route given your talent and the beauty of the area. :)

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Leon40 » 17 Mai 2016, 19:17

It was only a exotic stage route contest. I didn't realize it.
Andrepg won this contest.

Leon40
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Trekbmc » 17 Mai 2016, 19:20

Ah, right. :oops:

Trekbmc
Cyclo du dimanche

Messagepar Power » 18 Mai 2016, 08:23

Nice race :ok:

Power