Rodger's Room

Si vous avez des compétences graphiques, c'est l'endroit pour publier tous vos travaux

Modérateur: Animateurs graphs

Rodger's Room

Messagepar rodgerdavies » 25 Mai 2020, 21:19

Hello!

Firstly, I want to say thanks to all the modders here, I don't want to pick out any specific names but there are so many stages and superbly 'real' feeling fantasy jerseys. You enhance the stories in my career modes so very much.

Also, this is one of the most polite and courteous forums I have come across in many years of game modding; even though I can't write in French, all users are very helpful and patient to reply to my questions in English.

I'm not the best jersey designer and I do not have the same great 'vision' that I see in many threads on this forum, but I thought I would offer my own small contribution, with a small story to each jersey. If you see anything I can improve on the jerseys, I'm very willing to learn so please do say and feedback, suggestion or request :)

Please note: I am still figuring out how accessories work (what is a 'corsair'?), so will be adding these shortly!

All jerseys and downloads can be found here: https://ibb.co/album/XkHxgH

Image Image Image Image
Modifié en dernier par rodgerdavies le 26 Mai 2020, 14:56, modifié 2 fois.

rodgerdavies
Chasseur de prime

Re: Rodger's Room

Messagepar rodgerdavies » 25 Mai 2020, 21:40

Team Principality - Visit Wales

Download Jersey & Accessories (more accessories to follow)

The Background - I'm Welsh and obviously like rugby and cycling. Whilst Nicole Cooke was a great representative when I was younger, in Thomas, Rowe, Scott Davies, Owain Doull, Stevie Williams my small country has produced a few high quality riders and hopefully there'll be more in future.

The Story - It's 2021 or 2022, the contracts of Luke Rowe and Geraint Thomas are finished with Ineos. The two friends (who have a podcast together in real life) join together to form a team, with the help of Welsh Cycling and their personal sponsors.

To Roleplay - Firstly, make sure Wales/Pays de Galles is a region in your database. Make sure the 'weight' is between 10 and 20 so you generate enough regens. Enter the sponsor with a budget of €3m-€9m. Once the save is created, set Thomas and Rowe to ride for the team in the following season. Sign only British and Irish riders, prioritising riders from Wales, with ex-pros from Sky/Ineos to fill the roster if required.

The Sponsors
  • Principality Building Society - Welsh bank who sponsor the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff
  • Visit Wales - The Welsh tourist board, sponsor a lot of sporting events such as car rallying and golf
  • Rocket Managements - Team owner. Music, Entertainment and Sport agency, company owned by Elton John and Geraint Thomas' agent
  • Fizik - Saddle and shoe manufacturer, owned by Selle - Geraint Thomas personal sponsor
  • Rowe & King - Cycling coaching run by Luke Rowe and (his sister) Dani King
  • Science in Sport - Nutrition, Sky/Ineos links
  • Pinarello - Bikes, Sky/Ineos links

Credits - Thanks for YaëlT & Gaz for the Santic stitchings.
Modifié en dernier par rodgerdavies le 25 Mai 2020, 23:01, modifié 7 fois.

rodgerdavies
Chasseur de prime

Messagepar rodgerdavies » 25 Mai 2020, 22:04

Team Jamaica Blue - Banjo Loans

The Background - I spent a night sleeping in Cologne airport a couple of years ago and noticed Tchibo coffee (more about that later) and added them to my list of potential sponsors. I remembered some of the historical cafe chains who sponsored cycling and thought it was a good fit. I had time to kill, so I researched some other successful coffee brands and really liked the branding for Jamaica Blue. Looking at the agency who did their branding, I stumbled across Banjo, who's brand I thought would fit well and, hey, you need a bit of investment to get a team going.

The Story - Australia has an established World Tour team, but no obvious step for promoting talent at the next level. Jamaica Blue, a coffee chain with expansion plans in Europe, see it as an opportunity to get involved.

To Roleplay - Not a huge amount of criteria - budget of €5-10m, sponsor regions of Australia, New Zealand, UK, China and Malaysia (in that order of priority) and at least 40% of the roster as Australian riders.

The Sponsors
  • Jamaica Blue - Australian coffee chain, owned by FoodCo, with 130+ branches in 7 countries - jamaicablue.com.au
  • Banjo Loans - Australian business loan provider owned by former Olympic swimmer Guy Callaghan - banjoloans.com
  • FoodCo - Australian food and coffee company, own Jamaica Blue and several other brands - foodco.com.au
  • BeanGiving - Coffee wholesaler, owned by FoodCo, give a portion of profits to local community groups in Australia
  • Vale Bikes - Australian carbon frame builder - valebikes.com
  • Ale - Clothing

Credits - Thanks for ivaneurope for the Ale stitchings and WT25 for creating an alternate version (see viewtopic.php?f=104&t=12616).
Modifié en dernier par rodgerdavies le 25 Mai 2020, 23:06, modifié 3 fois.

rodgerdavies
Chasseur de prime

Messagepar rodgerdavies » 25 Mai 2020, 22:36

Team Welcome to Yorkshire

The Background - I've lived most of my life in Yorkshire. I've followed pro cycling for about 20 years now and it was never popular or famous here, so when the Tour de France and later the World Championships actually rode through the roads I grew up on and ride on today, I cannot explain how much it meant to me. Yorkshire has embraced cycling in these last few years, and the crowds on the Tour de Yorkshire each year are still huge. As a brand, Yorkshire has advertised itself at cycling races in Spain and around Europe by driving some hideous, but very recognisable vehicles in the publicity caravan (eg https://www.insidermedia.com/uploads/ne ... Vuelta.jpg / https://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/774856-1200x1200.jpg). I thought I'd base a jersey on them. I know it looks horrible - it's meant to!

The Story - Welcome to Yorkshire have invested heavily in sponsoring several races in recent years and the next step is sponsoring a team with the intention of developing talent in the region. Yorkshire is interested in international development, so a team able to compete overseas is critical. The involvement of SkyBet, a heavy investor in the Yorkshire region, seeks to continue their link with cycling at a much lower budget.

To Roleplay - Create Yorkshire as a region in the database, up the weight to 10-20 and add the sponsor to a Continental team. Budget €1-4m. I plan to create a further version of this team with additional sponsors in future in case it progresses further in my save. If they are available to sign, some Yorkshire riders are Scott Thwaites, Ben Swift, Connor Swift and the young star Tom Pidcock.

The Sponsors
  • Welcome to Yorkshire - Tourism promotion for North, East, West (and South) Yorkshire
  • Sky Betting and Gaming - Obviously Sky no longer sponsor a team, but SkyBet (owned by PokerStars) is a growing employer in Leeds with huge revenues
  • Cycle England - Local cycling authority
  • PlanetX - Bike brand, from Sheffield
  • Ekoi - Clothing

Credits - Thanks for Froomeyy for the Ekoi stitchings.
Modifié en dernier par rodgerdavies le 26 Mai 2020, 10:57, modifié 5 fois.

rodgerdavies
Chasseur de prime

Messagepar rodgerdavies » 25 Mai 2020, 22:50

Team Iwoca - Science in Sport

The Background - Simple one this - I heard about this company from their sponsorship of The Cycling Podcast and thought I'd base a team on their sponsors. They have a very interesting brand, but I have struggled to make it into a jersey - I also had this texture that I wanted to use, but couldn't think of a suitable sponsor. So this isn't perfectly true to life and I'm planning another Iwoca jersey, but I like how this looks so am releasing it anyway.

The Story - Iwoca provide loans to small businesses in UK and Germany predominantly. Their owners are interested in cycling and have stepped up their sponsorship with the aim of having the UK's first Pro Team.

To Roleplay - Budget €2-8m, minimum of 25% British riders, ideally at least one German rider. Races in those countries to start with. Could replace an existing UK Continental team.

The Sponsors
  • Iwoca - Loans company who sponsor The Cycling Podcast and local cycling clubs - iwoca.co.uk
  • Science in Sport - Sports nutrition, invest a lot in cycling
  • Laka - UK bike insurance brand
  • Orro - UK bike brand
  • Craft - Clothing

Credits - Thanks for Froomeyy for the Craft stitchings.

rodgerdavies
Chasseur de prime

5 messages
Retourner vers Showrooms