[Editor] La Flamme Rouge: a new editor of routes and races

Échafaudez ici de grandes théories sur les parcours de courses cyclistes ou proposez les vôtres, courses réelles ou fictives

Modérateur: Animateurs labo à parcours

[Editor] La Flamme Rouge: a new editor of routes and races

Messagepar Andrepg » 18 Sep 2016, 11:46

We open this topic in order to present our project, namely the website http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu
The creators are emmea90 and me, with the support of Cycling Manager Italia.

We programmed an editor for cycling track, which allows the users to provide some style and personalization thanks to the main altimetry style of major races. It might seem a little bit involved and slow at the beginning but we ensure you, that once you get used to the “machinery”, you will be able to appreciate the huge amount of possibilities we are offering. The editor is also liked to a virtual archive of many cobbled section to help you design your own races in the Hell of the North. Further infos and the editor itself are available following this link: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/editor

Here there are some examples of personalized track.

Giro style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52414

TdF style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52589

Vuelta style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52818

The forum gives you the possibility to take a chance and participate to the many contests the staff organizes, to see who is the best stage designer. This is as well a possibility to become a better stagemaker, plus you get the chance to deal with some of the difficulties of the race manager in real life. The forum provides a showroom as well, where you can present your masterpieces. It is an international forum so the official language is English, but there are also specific topics where you can write in your native language.
Other examples of altimetry:

Retrò style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52821

Paris-Roubaix style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52843

Giro (ASO) style: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52834

Dauphiné style, with the addition of gradients of climbs (ASO style): http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/52840

This month you can partecipate to our contest about Tour de France. Who will win? Contests section

This summer we are working on a climbs map and on a relative archive. With the combination of the editor, we think that this feauture will be a very powerful tools for everyone.
A small preview from the private work:

All we can do is to invite you to come and join us in tracking some stages, so that you can get a direct idea of what is going on there. The project is no longer in its beta-phase, and there are more than 50000 created stages. Furthermore, there are many ideas we wish to realize in the future, and this might involve as well the contribution of users. If you wish you can support our social media accounts: Facebook and Twitter

Do not hesitate to ask if you need something and have fun with our editor!

Andrepg
Débutant

Re: [Editor] La Flamme Rouge: a new editor of routes and rac

Messagepar Wings » 18 Sep 2016, 13:48

You guys are doing terrific work :up
I think a lot of people here love your website :ok:

Wings
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar Samuel » 18 Sep 2016, 13:51

Wings a écrit:You guys are doing terrific work :up

+1 :ok:

Samuel
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Andrepg » 18 Sep 2016, 14:10

Wings a écrit:You guys are doing terrific work :up

Too kind :love:

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Andrepg » 18 Sep 2016, 14:11

The new cobble map is finally over! Now track fantasy North classics or organize cycling excursion on the stones is no longer a problem. If the old map was slow and cumbersome, the new is both much faster and powerful.

The map wants to be an archive of cobblestones sectors of France, Belgium and the Netherlands., because we think that it's dispersive and unnecessarily laborious map also all those traits in cobblestones, that can be found in any old town. However, we have also included some particularly interesting cobblestones sectors of other nations . So, you can also find street like the Appia Antica, which was addressed by the Giro del Lazio, or the English cobblestones walls, which often have nothing to envy to the Flemish cousins and for this reason they famous among local cyclists.

As you can see from the images we have integrated into the viewing page of the sector the Google Street View , so you can immediately evaluate the true state of the street flooring. If you see all black, it means that at that point the Street View isn't available. The different colors of the cobblestones sectors allow to immediately recognize the difficulty of each sector.

The cobblestone sectors are more than 500!
The link of the map: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/tracks/maps/3
The link of the textual archive: http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/trac ... ckfamily=3

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Jules2905 » 18 Sep 2016, 14:16

Absolutely incredible :up

Jules2905
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar darth-minardi » 18 Sep 2016, 14:52

Le secteur du Carrefour de l'Arbre n'est pas représenté comme pris dans Paris-Roubaix, il y a une erreur à la fin :mrgreen:

darth-minardi
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar Andrepg » 20 Sep 2016, 15:27

The next major feature that we are going to include in the editor is a climb map. We work all summer to finish it and, finally, in about a month, it will be released. Thanks to the editor, the map will become widespread in a short time and every user will propose climbs to be approved by the staff. We think that the powerful combination between the editor and the Climbs Map, it will be very bubbly, and track routtes will be even easier and more fun.
To gladden the wait, we will post a climb a day, in anticipation of the map. It will be the climb of the day.
The map will be realesed with more than 6000 climbs.

The climb of the day will be posted on our FB page, maybe Twitter (link in the 1st post), not here to not do too spam. Follow us!

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Wings » 21 Sep 2016, 23:24

Hey guys, just letting you know I've noticed some issues with the website. When placing a point on the route, to change from sprint to mountain there is no problem, however, afterwards, sometimes the point disappears, (took me 10 tries to put down 1 cobbled sector). Have you heard any issues related to that ?
Otherwise are you planning to expand your cobbled sectors map to other countries (Germany, Baltic States, US, Brazil, Czech Republic) that have some interesting cobbles ?

Wings
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar Ninofishing » 22 Sep 2016, 05:39

@Wings : Pour le point qui disparaît, ça le le fait aussi, je crois simplement que je clique trop vite sur le point pour changer sa nature, si tu y vas plus lentement il y a aucun problème ! ;)

Ninofishing
Champion en devenir

Messagepar Andrepg » 22 Sep 2016, 09:35

Wings a écrit:Hey guys, just letting you know I've noticed some issues with the website. When placing a point on the route, to change from sprint to mountain there is no problem, however, afterwards, sometimes the point disappears, (took me 10 tries to put down 1 cobbled sector). Have you heard any issues related to that ?
Otherwise are you planning to expand your cobbled sectors map to other countries (Germany, Baltic States, US, Brazil, Czech Republic) that have some interesting cobbles ?

Thanks for your report , we will check and eventually fix the bug.

If we find new interesting cobbles we are happy to insert them. We don't want to insert citizens cobblestones, becouse they are present in every old town, and they aren't what the cycling fans mean with "cobblestone".
So, if you have any news about some interesting sector (possibly not in town) in the country you quote, track it with the editor and send us the link, we'll be grateful! :ok:

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Andrepg » 22 Sep 2016, 18:59

Wings a écrit:Hey guys, just letting you know I've noticed some issues with the website. When placing a point on the route, to change from sprint to mountain there is no problem, however, afterwards, sometimes the point disappears, (took me 10 tries to put down 1 cobbled sector). Have you heard any issues related to that ?

It isn't a bug, click slowly :ok:

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Wings » 22 Sep 2016, 21:04

Andrepg a écrit:

For the Rio cobbles, check out this stage. I personally think they are decent cobbles ;)

http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/78245

Wings
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar rthomazo » 23 Sep 2016, 17:41

Oui ces secteurs pavés me paraissent praticables.

rthomazo
Champion confirmé

Messagepar Andrepg » 27 Sep 2016, 17:13

I'm honored to present the official route of the Tour de Normandie 2017, with is official profiles. We had the pleasure of working with the organizers of Normandie and for the first time a UCI race will have a graphic made by us. The first of many?

Tour de Normandie 2017

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar Andrepg » 27 Sep 2016, 17:13

Wings a écrit:
Andrepg a écrit:

For the Rio cobbles, check out this stage. I personally think they are decent cobbles ;)

http://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/hd/78245

What a sector!

Andrepg
Débutant

Messagepar rthomazo » 27 Sep 2016, 17:31

J'aime bien les profils du Tour de Normandie, ils sont assez jolis.

rthomazo
Champion confirmé

Messagepar Wings » 18 Oct 2016, 20:21

Is La Flamme Rouge down ? :wtf

Wings
Légende du Gruppetto

Messagepar didou18 » 19 Oct 2016, 07:36

ça me fait la même. :doutes: :(

didou18
Jersey rojo